SUNFLOWER BANANA BREAD
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking power
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup sunflower kernels
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 9 X 5 inch loaf pan.
2. Combine honey, vegetable oil and eggs in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set at medium speed until blended.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Add this to the honey mixture alternately with bananas, beating well after each addition.
4. Reserve 2 teaspoons of sunflower kernels. Add the remaining sunflower kernels to the batter and mix well. Spoon into the prepared loaf pan.
5. Sprinkle the top of the loaf with the reserved sunflower kernels. Bake until browned, about 50 to 60 minutes. It is done with a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.