The blessing is today I woke feeling refreshed, not exhausted. What made the difference? I think it was thinking through what I was thankful for. Here are a few of the things I feel thankful for on this Tuesday near the end of May.
1) My husband - God bless him! He stayed up with the baby most of the night. He even fed him the bottle at 5:00 this morning!
2) Jordan - God's little bundle of joy! I may not be happy when he wakes up at 5:00 am looking for milk but I am always thankful for that sweet little face and his smiles when he sees me.
3) Justin - my oldest son! He is a creative, energetic nine year old. He hugged me this morning and I was thankful.
4) Aidan - my other baby! He is three years old, has beautiful brown eyes, and a great smile. He has a very sincere way of engaging me and others around him.
5) My home - I am thankful for that apartment and everything in it. Even the stuff I want to throw away had a purpose once upon a time. Thank you for what it did do and now its going out with some old shoes!
6) God's presence - You are real. I can feel you touching me, energizing me for the things you want me to do. You are a wonderful Father.
7) Being a Mom - being a mother has helped me to grow and change more than any other thing in my life. Thank you again for my 3 boys, how special they are, and help me to deepen my relationship with them through you!
8) Blogging - this blog has been an outlet for meandering thoughts and feelings. I am grateful for the Internet.
9) My job - I enjoy being a language teacher. I get to see students improve their language skills.
10) The weather - it's a beautiful day! Warm, sunny, and full of possibility.
I am in the right posture! I am a shard in a mosaic of Grace. I am worried for nothing, thank-full for everything, prayer-full in all things!