1 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbs brown sugar or maple syrup
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Stir the oats and milk together and let stand for 20 minutes.
2. Beat the eggs with the vanilla, sugar, and oil, then stir in the soaked oats.
3. Combine the dry ingredients and add them to the oat mixture as well.
4. For each pancake, drop 1/4 cup of batter onto a heated griddle or skillet and cook over a medium-low heat until the tops are covered with holes. Turn the cakes over and cook on the second side. Because of the moisture in this batter, the cakes need to cook slowly, but turn them only once.
5. These can be served with strawberries, maple syrup, apple sauce, or maybe even sauteed apples and thick yogurt. Your choice! Enjoy!