1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour.
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp aluminum baking power
1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
milk as needed
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (If frozen don't thaw before using)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 400F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
2. Combine the flour with brown sugar, salt, and baking power.
3. Pour vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add yogurt and egg, then enough milk to reach the 1 cup mark. Add this to the flour mixture and mix until all flour is incorporated.
4. Fold in the blueberries.
5. Fill muffin cups right to the top.
For the crumb topping:
1. Mix together granulated sugar, all purpose flour, butter cubes, and cinnamon.
2. Mix with a fork or pastry cutter until mixture resembles course crumbs.
3. Sprinkle over muffins before baking.
4. Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes until tops spring back when pressed or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Makes 12 medium muffins! It's a great treat for my boys!