This recipe makes 1 1/4 cups (300 ml)
2 1/4 cups raw almonds
2 Tbs pure maple syrup
2 Tbs hemp seeds
2 Tbs chia seeds
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1-2 tsp coconut oil
1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 Minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 300 F (150 C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the almonds and maple syrup and stir to coat the almonds. Spread the almond mixture in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until its fragrant and golden, stirring once halfway through the baking time.
3. Let the almonds cool on the baking sheet for 5 to 10 minutes. If making crunchy almond butter, set aside 1/4 cup whole almonds; otherwise, use the entire amount. Process the rest of the almonds in a food processor for 5 to 10 minutes, stopping to scrape the bowl every 30 to 60 seconds as needed.
4. Add the hemp seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla, 1 teaspoon of the oil, and the salt. Process until the almond butter is smooth and thin enough to drip off a spoon. Add additional oil if you are having trouble getting the nut butter smooth enough.
5. If making crunchy almond butter, finely chop the served almonds and stir them into the almond butter.
6. Store in an airtight glass jar at room temperature or in the fridge for 1 to 2 months.
Enjoy this on toast, muffins, bagels, or even crackers.