Cinnamon Walnut Swirl Ingredients:
1 cup toasted salnut halves chopped
2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp maple sugar
1 Tbsp Maple syrup
Banana Bread Ingredients:
4 large mashed bananas
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup & 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 Tbsp almond milk
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
1. Place walnuts, cinnamon, maple sugar, and maple syrup in a bowl, mix to combine and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a loaf pan and line bottom and two longer sides with a sheet of parchment paper; set aside.
3. Sift flower and baking powder into a medium bowl and stir to combine and set aside.
4. Add olive oil, maple syrup, almond milk, salt, vanilla, and egg to the mashed banana; whish until smooth.
5. Using a rubber spatula, fold flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined.
6. Spread half of batter over the bottom of the loaf pan. Layer cinnamon walnut mixture evenly over the batter and top with the remaining batter. To create the swirl, use a small rubber spatula or butter knife to zig-zag back and forth through the batter (across pan) and one stroke through the center of the loaf (lengthwise).
7. Place in oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow loaf to sit before turning out and place on a wire rack. Slice and serve warm.