4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 large egg
2 Tbs Dijon Mustard
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 finely chopped walnuts
1 tsp minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
2 Tbs olive oil
salt and pepper
1) Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 400F/200C.
2) Place the chicken breast halves between 2 sheets of waxed paper; using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound the breasts to a thickness of 1/3-1-2 inch.
3) In a shallow bowl, combine the egg and Dijon mustard; whisk to blend well.
4) In another shallow pan, combine the bread crumbs, walnuts, garlic, lemon zest, dry mustard, and cayenne; mix to blend well.
5) In a large ovenproof nonstick frying pan over medium heat, warm the oil.
6) Place the chicken breasts in the egg-mustard mixture and turn to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Dip the chicken in the bread crumb mixture, turning to coat.
7) Add the chicken to the pan and cook until golden brown on the first side, about 2 minutes. Turn the chicken over, and then place the frying pan in the oven. Bake the chicken until springy to the touch, about 8 minutes.
8) Transfer the chicken to warmed plates and serve.