2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger (optional)
1/2 tsp baking power
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter
1/2 liquid honey
1/3 cup granulated sugar
colored sugar or sprinkles
Electric mixer or fork
Cookie cutters cookie sheet
1. Stir together flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking power, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set it aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, honey, and sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in the egg.
4. Stir in flour mixture, mixing well. Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 1/2 hours or until firm enough to roll and cut.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
6. Roll on the dough on a well-floured surface, about one third of the dough at a time. Cut into desired shapes using floured cookie cutters.
7. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned and firm to the touch.
This recipe makes 3 - 4 dozen cookies.
Note: You can decorate these with colored sugar or sprinkles before baking, or, when cool, cover with icing and then decorate.