1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 stick (8 tablespoons) plus 1 tablespoon soft butter
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F/175 C and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or butter the cookie sheet.
2. Measure the flour, baking powder, salt, and oats in a bowl.
3. Put the butter and sugars into another bowl and beat together until creamy with an electric mixer. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract.
4. Beat in the flour, baking power, salt and oat mixture, then fold in the cranberries, chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
5. Roll tablespoons full of dough into balls with your hands. Then place then on the prepared cookie sheet and squish the dough balls down with a fork. (You may need 2 cookie sheets or be prepared to make these in 2 batches.)
6. Bake for 15 minutes. When the cookies are ready they will be tingled a pale gold, but they will be too soft to lift immediately off the sheet, so leave the sheet on a cool surface and let the cookies harden for about 5 minutes. Remove with a spatula, or let them cool on a wire rack.