1/2 cup vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
3/4 cup buffalo sauce
1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
3 tbsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp red pepper chili flakes to taste
1 1/2 boneless, skinless chickens thighs or breasts
1 bag restaurant style tortilla chips
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup sliced pickled jalepenos
1 green onion, sliced thinly
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
lime wedges for serving
1. Preheat your oven to 425 F (218 C).
2. In a medium sealable bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, and salt. Then add the carrots and the red and Nappa cabbage. Cover the bowl and store in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the Nachos!
3. Combine the buffalo sauce, the sweet chili sauce, honey, soy sauce, and child flakes in the bottom of the slow cooker. Nestle the chicken into the middle, and them coat with some of the liquid. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours! Transfer to a cutting board and shred with two forks.
4. Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Arrange half of the of the chips on the prepared sheets and top with half of the shredded chicken, then layer with half of each cheese. Top with another layer of chips and repeat the toppings!
5. Broil or bake in the oven until the cheese in melted and bubbling, about 5 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven and top with jalepenos, green onions, and fresh cilantro.
6. Drizzle with the remaining marinade sauce from the chicken. Serve immediately with lime wedges if desired!